Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ExRPG - The Future

+3
Chavvy
Agrapeinthesun
Damxge
7 posters

:: Dump :: Archived Posts

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ExRPG - The Future - Page 2 Empty Re: ExRPG - The Future

Post  Damxge Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am

I've tidied up these posts a bit, and would like to explain why.

Grape, the argument is over, I understand your point of view, as I'm feeling the same way right now, but its over, so let's not speak of this any more.

Conor, please calm yourself down and take a deep breath. I do hope things with inSYNC will be calmer now, so that'll be less to bug you. She's been PMing back and forth with me instead of arguing in public and I believe she's calming down since the demotion.
Also, in the future, don't call names, its not appropriate and isn't appreciated. I get your points, but they can be made without name calling.

That's it, and I'd like to suggest a few things for the forum, get the ball rolling, yaknow?

inSYNC suggested we set up the forum in three categories.
-Alternate Platform
-Extreme RPG
-Animator X

The alt plat category would contain all of the general topics like media, forum games, general chat, spam box, etc etc... things that are the same on both of our forums.
The ExRPG category would be for role play, literature, Warrior Fables, and the like.
The AnimatorX category would be for the animation hub, the Animation Warriors, sticks and sprites, etc...

Also, I think we should write a dramatic story on how the two forums came to be one, and keep it on the portal, that way people can see how the forum came to be, why its so varied in interest, and they can enjoy a good, original story.

We should also have an area for advertising. There members can advertise their sites, their businesses, etc...but put a restriction on it, like, you must have 200 posts on the boards before you can advertise here. I'm back and forth on allowing the advertisement of other forums, though, so any feed back on this idea is good.

A more comprehensive tutorial board. As you Ax guys know, I love to write tutorials, so I'd like to suggest we have different category of tutorials.
For example:
-Tutorials
+ Animation
+ Art
+ Coding and Scripting
+ Real Life
+Misc.

Once again, I'm just spitballing and trying to get the suggestion ball rolling.

ExRPG - The Future - Page 2 PXxCE
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 am

BDM strikes again! I like the tutorial bit. And the story/epilogue bit. We could make it really dramatic and whatnot.
I'd even create a big piece of art showing all the members of staff in cool poses in a line to go underneath it, with a welcome banner in the background or something, just to add a bit of fun to it.
I don't think we should use the old forum names for the different sections, but that's just me. I though Alt Plat (which is a damn cool shortening of the name, btw) was the name of the forum, and the subsections could be, like 'Literature' and 'Animation' lol? Along with 'Art' maybe? I found the whole point of changing the name of the forum was due to the cheesiness of the old names, so don't you think it's a bit contradictory to have the names as subsections instead? We could have badges though, sort of like 'Native to AnimatorX' and 'Native to ExRPG' etc. Just a thought, my opinion is all.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:40 am

I'd agree with Conor, the idea was to start again, with a slight bit more maturity to the name, one that doesn't restrict the content (despite its slightly immature origin Mooblips)

@Mike - YEAH... BDM STRIKES AGAIN!

@Conor - Way ahead of yah, there will be achievements for veterans of both sites. Although, to qualify to really earn the "veteran" section to the name, you would have to have at least 500 posts on either site. For example, you would get the AX one, Sync (if she comes) would get the ExRPG one... I'd probably qualify for both... Thinking there might be an ex-staff one aswell (though not restricted to the sites)... but not sure on that. Think in all (including secret ones), there are about 60 achievements.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:29 am

I'd have to agree, fresh forum, fresh start, clean slate and all that.

Sent you a PM on Ax, Conor, about possible RP rankings, I'd appreciate some feedback on that Happy
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:34 am

Replied dude. Strained my brain for that one. It's important that we make all members of every age feel welcome; we need to dig out the potential in all members of all ages in things such as imagination, dedication and passion. This way we'll be able to work out who will be our top roleplayers who can ultimately be set as role models for other members. And to do that, we use positive reinforcement.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 am

Just use your criteria as a guide... Then tailor it to the piece being ranked. Nothing has to be to the letter Mooblips
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 am

Because I don't want to have to write it out again, I'll just post a link to the forum layout post I did on Ax (bbcode differences keep me from copying it straight over.)

http://forum.animatorx.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4398&p=109791#p109791

ExRPG - The Future - Page 2 H6AP1
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am

Just wanted to pop in and say this is an awesome idea. How far are we to having Alt Plat up? (You're right Connor, that is an awesome abbreviation.)
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

https://extremerpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 am

We're about a week and a half away. Then it'll take a day or two to get everything situated to be able to post.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:34 am

Wow, sweet! Anyway I can help?
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 am

If you're any good at coding, that would be a massive help... as Wipper isn't free until April to work on the bigger features.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 am

I've been trying to learn, but the best I've made are simple Input and then Printing three different things type programs.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

I do CSS and HTML, but PHP and MySQL are out of my reach Sad
Hopefully I can set it all up without bugging peter too much.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 am

So, to get the suggestion ball rolling, (again) I say no chat box. They just reduce posts in the actual forum.
Drag
Drag
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 am

^agreed^ good point. We can just set up a Skype chat or something for special occasions.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 am

That's a good idea. If we want to communicate with one another in that manner, we can form a Skype Group (as we've done with Ax).

I'd like to suggest a removal of the posting titles and replace them with a level up kinda bar (pokemon like Tongue ) and then when you reach lvl 50 or something, you can choose a new lvl bar out of a bunch of predefined ones. (other colors, shapes, etc) Idk how possible this would be though XD
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm

You know what... Thats not a bad idea... I could actully get get actual exp amoint and work it off that XD

You'd probably only get to 25 though...
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:02 am

I didn't mean it to be a replica of the pokemon system...we'd have our owl levels and such XD

Was also thinking that if a user makes it to lvl 99, they get a custom rank bar. (But lvl 99 would be like, 15,000 posts.)
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:44 am

I'll work out a curve...
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher