Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ExRPG - The Future

+3
Chavvy
Agrapeinthesun
Damxge
7 posters

:: Dump :: Archived Posts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ExRPG - The Future Empty ExRPG - The Future

Post  Damxge Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello ExRPG members and happy new year to you all. I come to you this evening with some bad news and some good news. I'd like to start off with the bad, so I can leave you in a more pleasant state of mine when you're done reading.

The Bad.
Extreme RPG, the forum founded by Drag(onlordsword) is dying and almost dead as I type this. I found this forum and revived it to a state of real activity again after Drag had abandoned it after it had died under him. I spiffed the forum up visually, helped organize it, and advertised it; and after a while, Drag put me in charge.
I've run this forum to the best of my ability, spamming countless members on Deviantart and other literature based forums, but to no avail, this forum is hosted and managed by Forumotion, a free forum hosting service. I purchased a domain name in the hope it would bring us activity, but it turned out to be a waste of my money. I suggested recently that we move the forum to a phpbb3 paid hosting service, but what follows will put a stop to that.
Through bitter argument with InSync, I've decided that the forum will be locked as of April First of this year, all users will still be able to log in and view posts, but the forum will not be open for posting any more. The forum will stay up indefinitely for those who wish to view old posts, archive Role Plays, etc.

The Good.
Extreme RPG and another forum you all might or might not have heard of, will be closing. But the admins of both sites (Me and Chavvy) have been plotting for a while now, and have decided to open a new forum, with the best of both worlds. AnimatorX, the forum Chavvy is administrator on, and the first forum I ever became staff on, is an animation based community with a dedicated, but limited userbase. The forum has been dying slowly since around the time I revived ExRPG. The new forum 'Alternate Platform', will be a combination of this Animation Based community, and our Literature based community. The staff of each forum, should they decide to move over, will be kept as staff.

Staff Layout:

ExRPG Staff:
-Admin- Div/Mike
-Moderator- LordTomyh
-Moderator- inSYNCinSANITY

Ax Staff:
-Admin- Chavvy/Nathan
-Moderator- Pandipoo
-Moderator- Conor

The users of AnimatorX have taken the news well and look forward to the merge, many already role play on that forum, and so will be a great boost to our RP community, while adding fresh ideas and characters.

We have not purchased domain or hosting as of yet, and are still in the thinking stages, figuring out categories, themes, plugins, awards, etc... So I come to you, the users we hope to please with this new forum, and ask of you, What do you want?
Comment in this thread with any suggestions for the new forum, Alternate Platform. They can be structural, aesthetic, feature, etc... suggestions, whatever you'd like to see in this new forum.

Unfortunately, there are a few sacrifices both sides will have to make, but the benefits will far outweigh the costs.

The new forum will include the following features, these for sure.

New Role Play ranking system.
Animation and literature PvP battles and ranking.
Convenient new posting features and BBCode.
New forums and categories to enjoy.
New Awards (though many fewer than are enjoyed here)

There, of course, will be other features and such, but those are not yet set in stone.

This is the time for you to make your voice heard before the new forum is created, so make sure to get your opinions in before its too late.

Sincerely and with the greatest respect,
Happy New Years,
Mike Lewis
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

ExRPG - The Future Empty Re: ExRPG - The Future

Post  Agrapeinthesun Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Great news!

And if as you the say the sacrifices will be worth it, I'd be glad to help in any ways I can.

~Grape
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:06 pm

What happened to you not wanting to go through with the merge unless I come with?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Things change, unfortunately. i don't mean to be rude toward you, but this is for the greater good of two forums, and is a smart investment on my and Nathans parts.

I'm sorry to lose you should you choosr not to come, but its not my issue.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Fine... enjoy destroying one of the only good things in my life...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:17 pm

We're not distroying it, its more like picking up your town and putting it back down next to ours. Besides, there are benefits with the move, and as Mike said, this site will be staying up for archive purposes anyway Mooblips As nice as that sounds, my site doesn't get that luxury, As we rely on our wallets to stay up after a misunderstanding with adsense... So have been personally funding the entire thing out our back pockets for the past two years. Besides everyone that has commented on the news so far, bar you of course, is taking this pretty well... and its gonna be happening either way. In fact, the domain and such is gonna be paid as soon aals im next paid, and with that, we will issue more information based on any suggestions.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 am

At this point, I don't care about the merge... never did, in fact!
What's really upsets and pisses me off is the fact that you all care so little about me! I've always thought that me... Tomyh... and Div equally share in keeping this site running! The fact that you are so ready to loose me is truly devastating!
The other thing is of course that I don't want to loose the name ExtremeRPG (Which BTW I've found a way for BOTH sites to keep their own name as well as merge)

Even though I've always known... it still seems to sting beyond imagining when I realize just how much everybody hates me...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm

I never said I hated you. Not once have I said I hated anyone besides Justin Beiber and Rock Johnson.

If you feel that this is a plot against you, and that you're the only one disappointed that ExRPG didn't work out, then you've got another thing coming.
I sunk so much time into this place, so much effort. Redesigned the place myself, learned CSS to improve it, I advertised so hard for the place for months and months and months. I was banned from countless forums and sites just for naming this place on their boards. I slaved over trying to come up with ways to boost member activity, to get people interested, to come up with new, fresh ideas. But in the end, it didn't work! You can ask Drag if you don't believe me, this was one of my greatest projects, but also one of my greatest failures.
I was planning on moving the site to a new location in the hopes that it would work out, but I was beginning to think it might be a good idea to just wrap the place up and be done with it all. That is when Nathan suggested a crazy idea, we create a new forum.
This gave me a lifeline. This gave me a new project, one I could help build from the ground up, instead of just rewiring an existing project! It gave me a way to keep the friends I've made here on ExRPG and keep my love for role play and literature alive. Not only that, but it would be merged with one of the few forums I actually enjoy posting on, then I could help keep it alive as well! I don't expect you to comprehend all that I've put into this place, or all that we'll be gaining (both communities as a whole) from this.
I feel the sun's warmth at the end of this tunnel, Casey, and whether or not you want to come to the light with us is your choice, and yours alone.
You talk like I don't care if you come to the new forum, and that's not true. It would be a great blow to our exrpg community to lose you over something as petty as this, you're a great role player and a passionate writer, and a dedicated forum member; and a forum needs people like that.

I'm afraid Conor is right, though. I don't think you're fit to be staff on the forum. You let your personal matters cloud your judgement and take them out on users. When Conor, Pandi, Nathan, Tomyh and I get onto the forums, we do so to relax, release stress, and have fun. I've prided myself on being calm and steady handed even when I'm in a bad mood, something I do most of the time, but it does falter once in a while when I'm having a life crisis. Conor's pretty well the same all the time, Pandi's always in a good mood for some reason, Chavvy is serious when it suits and lighthearted when he wants to be even if he's having the worse day, even Tomyh, although I've not known him as long as the others, is even handed whenever he's online. But your attitude on the forum changes with whatever is happening around you.

Last edited by Div on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Never said I hated you either and what do you mean only agreeing with the merge if you did, I never said that.

At least I'm 75.75 percent sure I didn't.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Div did...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 pm

That's right, delete my comment - put your humiliation in front when a majority of the post was informing members of exciting new features of the new forum. Selfish. Abusing your power, another reason why you shouldn't follow on your job.
If you've got problems irl, express them. I was cheated on by my girlfriend some time last year and told my fellow staff about it, because they're my friends, especially me and Chavvy. We're good mates, but we don't let that get in the way of our job. Ever heard of the phrase 'a time and place for everything'?
Simply put, get your emotions in order. I know someone EXACTLY like you who blows everything out of proportion for attention and pity. And I hate people like that. And if this is you, I hate you for it. Get over yourself, you're not the center of the f***ing world, and you're not gonna be liked unless you act mature, and you learn to start respecting others rather than just thinking "I DON'T WANT THIS, I DON'T WANT THAT, I WANT THIS INSTEAD!" Think about it, long and hard.
Because let me tell you something - these guys, Mike included, have been through far more sh*t than you could even imagine, and the fact that you blatantly think you've been through worse (you wouldn't be behaving like this if you didn't) angers me beyond belief. This is not staff behaviour. This is stuck up, spoilt, emo teenage brat behaviour, and unless you change that, I can guarantee you're life is gonna be one bumpy ride, sweetie.

Change. Your. Tone.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  PMD3 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 am

I didn't even say anything offensive/mean/rude/annoying. Yet you still deleted my post? What's wrong with you? You clearly don't deserve your admin rank, or the mod rank on the upcoming forum.
PMD3
PMD3
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 am

@Conor/Panda - Shes Mod... Yellow is mod, Admin is red on this site.

Not trying to go tit for tat on this, but your not exactly helping Conor. Yes she's got issues, and yeah, its pretty childish how she is acting on the subject... but please, try and put things across a little less harsh here? I know its how you are, and I respect that, but this isn't our site... not really painting a good picture about us in general...

Just try and hold back a bit if you can... just for now... its up to her if she wants to join or not.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am

Fair enough but I really don't see this attention seeking freak having any part as staff on the new forum. I'm being harsh because at the moment you all seem to be approaching the subject in a polite, formal manor, when in actual fact maybe that's not the way to bash the message into this one's head. Either way, i'll stay out of it from here on in.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 am

Thanks buddy, its appreciated.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:00 am

Listen i don't know what's going on here, but I think it's over.

Either that or it's the eye of the storm.

Either way......

Not involved.

:/
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:29 am

I'm hoping that Casey can see past her view and take into account the opinion of the vast majority. This is for the greater good, and activity isn't great on either of our respective sites to warrant their costly future. Besides, I've seen the work she can produce, and I for one am impressed. I've never confessed to being a writer, and my "issues" do limit me to what my mind can do in the creativity department... Somtimes ilI wish I didn't have my problems, and yes, It forced me into depression afew years ago, and occasionally gets me f***ing down... But do I let that effect what I do on a daily basis on AX, no. I've been staff there for two years now, and not once has it altered any aspect.

I can't exactly sympathise with whatever your problems are Cass, as it is virtually impossible for me to see things through other eyes (part of my "problem") but just let it be known that you aren't the only one losing out here. Mike and myself are taking a big risk here in the hope it'll preserve one of our few things that make us proud to exist. I only exist to pass a smile on... If I can't make at least one person smile a day... I fail... Its one of the onpy things I#m good at.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:30 pm

1. I deleted the post because I found it extremely hurtful! I'm NOT seeking attention... If I was doing that I'd say I was gonna kill myself or something (or simply delete this entire thread)!
2. I honestly don't remember deleting more than one post...
3. Conner, you are new-ish to this site, so you've only had the chance to see the bad side of me, I'm extremely invested in this site and want only what's best for it... Merging the site, in my opinion, means that ExteremeRPG wont even really exist any more! It'll be... Uhm, already forgot the new name :palm: ! Is it really so incredibly selfish that the only f***ing thing I want out of this ENTIRE thing is to keep the bloody name? (Which, my brother has confirmed is possible to keep BOTH names while still merging the site into one, not that any one cares) and also wouldn't mind keeping all the awards too... as everyone knows, I love those shiney green squares!

What I'm asking isn't really all that selfish... ExtremeRPG is one of the most important thing in my life! I was even going to get a costume made Licence Plate that said "EXRPG"

Please don't treat me as though I'm the villain; secretly trying to destroy the site from within... I love this site more than I love myself and I just don't want everything to be SOOOO different that it's barely recognized anymore Sad

...and Conner, if I really were to abuse my power... I'd simply delete you!
I haven;t and I wont... I am a great moderator and Tomyh's even said that I should be an admin! So please... STFU! Because I really don't appreciate you saying that kinda stuff about me, you don't even know me! Ever here the saying "First expressions are often completely wrong"? I'm not going to peg you as a complete ass hole or judge you... So don't judge me!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Wow, you now qualify as the single most stubburn person I have ever met. What you keep forgetting is that AX is losing MORE than you are. Our site current stands at 100,000+ posts, and has seen more than 900 members pass through. We are closing INDEFINATELY. This site is still staying up, as it costs NOTHING to host, it will just be locked from additional users... Thats all.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Ugh deleted my post again. you really shouldn't be staff here, let alone anywhere else.

Again, it's 'Conor'. Idiot.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 am

The argument is over, pleas use this thread to suggest anything you'd like to see in the new forum Happy

Good day all.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am

*AG agrees with Cross.

-Grape, on a hot day and filled up on boredom but still Grape.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm

P.S: Never leave me by myself with epic music on hot days. Just a warning.
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Back on topic, and back to my initial point before Casey started deleting my posts (which I shouldn't have to worry about anymore lol) on the new forum we're gonna be converting a feature of AX I created called the Warrior Zone.
In this place it's a lot like signing up for an RPG - you create your own personal character by filling in a form, designing them pretty much from scratch to suit your preferences.
You then compete with these characters, pitting them against each other. Originally, you would animate a battle between the two Warriors, with your character ultimately winning in your animation. The two animations would then go up on a voting poll and people would vote for their favourite animation. Best anim wins.
However, to suit the more literature-based community of EXRPG, on the new forum you will be able to write these stories rather than have to animate them. Same rules apply, you always win in your written battle, and the stories then go up on a voting poll and the most entertaining, captivating story wins. I'm thinking of calling these Warrior Fables or something.
That's just one of the new features that's coming to the new forum.

Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Agrapeinthesun Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm

That Warrior Zone sounds quite interesting though.

-Grape, slightly agitated because of sleepiness but still Grape
Agrapeinthesun
Agrapeinthesun
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next