Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's HW?

4 posters

:: Misc :: General

Go down

Where's HW? Empty Where's HW?

Post  Damxge Tue May 17, 2016 2:14 pm

So I've got iLiB up and running again, but where's our Hidden World? We need another installment of HW before this is truly ExRPG again!
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Where's HW? Empty Re: Where's HW?

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 pm

I'll be honest, I was really hoping to stall HW until we can do what we've discussed otherwise that's just a whole lot of story down the drain that I'll never be able to rewrite the same. Can I suggest we take another shot at the prequel?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Well why can't we do what was discussed? And shouldn't we be discussing it? Since Ex was revived I haven't heard hardly any mention of hw.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 2:59 pm

If you're worried about not being able to write it the same, why not make a non-canon version?
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

What he said. We'll do something that's separate from the base story, something that may or may not directly affect anything going on.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 3:49 pm

That's why I suggested the prequel. It's doesn't have to be the prequel though, it could bet either of the ones you started up on AP, I believe there was one in st lewis?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue May 17, 2016 5:11 pm

The main reason I have not brought up Hidden World is I simply have too much going on at the moment. I have 3 assessments to do within 2-3 weeks, I have to resubmit 2 more. My brothers still in the hospital, and while that's not exactly a factor on my time or attention he's still big on my mind. Add in chores, eating, travelling, sleeping and helping parents in things and I hardly have time to do anything. PLUS i get easily distracted by even small things.

Then there's this site. Got iLiB, the warriors fight. Casey's waiting for me for AA. Got Mike's new RP and the Star Wars one.

I finish uni in two weeks for the semester, my final assessment is due in three weeks and have an exam roughly three to four weeks from now. After that, that'll be my de-stress period and then I'll look at Hidden World.

So distract yourself for now. I will get around to it.

Also, thank you Casey for adding the word count

Last edited by LordTomyh on Tue May 17, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Something really awkward I've just noticed is that 'HW' at first glance looks kinda like 'HIV'

Anyways, all I need is a couple months to gather the funds together to get HW off of AP, transcribe and post it and then we'll be able to continue where we left off and I wont have to rewrite half of one of the three key story archs
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Does it really matter? The main one is already here, if I remember right, the other two didn't really get that far into it, probably two events in each. As long as you set a clear direction of the first event, I cant see why it would be a problem to start the two missing arcs again.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 9:51 pm

If you really don't think it matters that much then where's the harm in waiting? Are we so hard up for good RPs? Because it matters to me a lot to me. Dylan would prefer to pick up where we left off on AP since he's pretty eager to finish it off anyway, so we'll have to start a new one anyways. Dylan and I are talking as I write this and for now he says it would be more ideal to start St Louis so the Mike can keep it running if he can't get on
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Also, just a thought, do you really need to raise £120 to gain access to AP? Can't you just pay for a couple months on blue host? If I had the money, I'd do it right now, but as it stands, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to live atm XD
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 10:09 pm

I think it was USD but idk. You'd have to ask @Damxge
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 pm

If i remember right, we used Bluehost (the same we used for AnimatorX), so I'm sure you can do it for a couple of months rather than the year, think the minimum is three, which would work out about about £35.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Do you know how to look into this? That's about 70AUD which would only take about a month to save up for, if that.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Its all on their website. I just can't remember the log in details to the AP account, as Mike dealt with that side of things usually.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Oh... ok then
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed May 18, 2016 12:58 am

As Casey said I was thinking of starting a Hidden World Roleplay, most likely St Louis, and leave it to Mike to run while I hold more of a background character until my uni workload is gone. After that, I'll take a look at Melbourne and London.

If that's ok with you Mike of course. Don't want to make a roleplay then dump everything on you, I'm sure you have your own real life stuff to deal with as well.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 pm

I'd be more than happy to help run it.

Also, I haven't managed to log into the Bluehost control panel for whatever reason...I'll talk about it more in the staff area.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Mon May 30, 2016 5:45 pm

I promised. I delivered. The Hidden World: St Louis is now open. I plan to do Melbourne as well, but want to write up some starters first. And London is put on hold for now.

Might even give Rome another shot, since I wrote the end plot in the intro to St Louis.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Misc :: General

Permissions in this forum: