Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating a Warrior

5 posters

Go down

Creating a Warrior Empty Creating a Warrior

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 am

To create a warrior, all you really have to do is create a character, same as you would for any RP. I'm not going to give an in-depth character sheet or instructions because it's really just up to the individual creating the warrior how thorough they want to be.

The only requirement for a warrior is to include your win/loss ratio in the post and the name of the warrior in the title.

Thank you and have fun!

Character Sheet Basics
For the sake of those who aren't sure where to start, I'll include a simple character sheet as well as a link to my own personal character to give you some ideas.
Code:
Name:
Physical Description:
Apparel:
Powers:
Weapons:
Bio:
Wins/Losses:
And THIS is my personal Warrior. I'm very happy with how the thread is set up and the amount of information I provided.

Like I said above, though, your Warrior and by extension, your Warrior's profile, should reflect the character and yourself. So be creative, pimp out the thread with colors and different sized fonts, make it unique to yourself and your warrior!

Last edited by Damxge on Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Creating a Warrior Empty Re: Creating a Warrior

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 am

Maybe a character sheet?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 am

Rough character sheet if you really need one.

Code:
Name:

Physical appearance:
Equipment/clothing:
Usual tactics (if applicable):

Backstory:

Wins/Loses:
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 am

A Warrior sign up sheet should be personal to the writer/animator. They shouldn't have to follow a template, but instead express themselves (or, more appropriately, express the character) in the thread. We encourage people to mess around with font size, colour, pic etc. to make their threads look nice, but for Warriors, it should be something more. More what? Freedom.
So if people need to follow a template to create their character, that's fine. But it should be their own, not one that's copied and pasted off of a rules thread. That would exercise creativity and self-expression in the writers here and hopefully improve their overall writing (ultimately making their RPing better). And that's what this site should aim for, in my opinion. To encourage its writers to achieve more.

Apart from that, i've already create my Warrior thread, and you can sniff my poop shoot if you think I'm changing it now. That masterpiece took me years.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Updated post with a basic character sheet for those who aren't sure where to start. Though I encourage people to take it with a grain of salt and create their warriors' with a strong personal flair and customize the thread to suit themselves and their warrior.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 12:47 pm

I never said people would have to follow it, Just an example kind of thing and maybe a list of information that should be included
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 12:54 pm

I get what you're saying, it's just that Warriors are all about freedom, so it's encouraged to do whatever you want. I included a basic character sheet in the main posty bit for people who want an idea of what they can include, as well as a link to my warrior, which I'm comfortable with.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 1:02 pm

There's still freedom. I just think it would be easier for anyone who comes along to have guideline and examples to work from.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Maybe for less experienced writers but I think for the more creative, expressive members a template shouldn't be necessary.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Tue May 10, 2016 8:14 pm

The use of a template does not denote experience or creativity. Some people use a template to help craft and create their characters because sometimes they struggle to find a place to start. Like me.

As well, everyone uses a template on this site Conor, everyone.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 9:01 pm

I disagree, I think that's exactly what a template does. But let's weigh up the pros and cons.
Templates offer structure and order to an RPG sign up. From past experience creating RPs myself, i found that i usually gave people templates to follow when i wanted to avoid OP characters or boring, limited sign ups. In other words, to control the content the writer's created to otherwise benefit MY vision of the RP. It works, too. Limited weapon slots mean a character can't be a walking arsenal, and the addition of a bio slots encourages writers to create in-depth back stories for their creations.
However, probably the best signups i've ever seen/written have been created using no template at all, and instead full expressed the writer. I remember Mike creating an awesome one back on AltPlat for the Resistance RP, where he wrote his signup out like it was etchings from his character's diary. It gave everything I needed to know about the character, but in a way that was immersive and suited the diagetic world in which the RP took place.
There's pros and cons to all of them, and while you may say that everyone who RPs here uses a template, regardless, there isn't a lot of RPs here anyway, especially compared to AltPlat. So while that may true, Dyl, it could definitely change, especially if we don't force our RPs to always require a template to sign up.

I can't believe we're debating this hahahahaha
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum