Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Injuries Thread

+9
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
GreenGlassNotes
Legotransform
TheMagicMechanic
MrSage
killer8529
LordTomyh
cyclonecasey
Damxge
13 posters

:: Misc :: General

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Injuries Thread Empty The Injuries Thread

Post  Damxge Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Have any old/new injuries you find particularly prideful? Speak of them here.

Today, I rubbed a good chunk of skin (all the way down to the knuckle) off of my thumb while planting posts for a deck. I also crushed my index finger on the other hand with a cinderblock, trying to keep it from crushing a lizard (I saved the lizard).

Some of my older injuries are:
A large blotchy white scar on my elbow from when a girl on a bicycle decided to run me over. Then somebody on a leisurecycle (or whatever those weird recliner bicycles are.) ran me over since I'd been tossed into his path.

A three inch lumpy scar from my elbow toward my wrist from when I was playing dodgeball/capture the flag and dove over the center line carrying the flag onto a rough stony hillside to avoid the balls being hurled at me. (when I play, I play hard)

Two inch long gouge in my left foot from where a neighbor's Labrador attacked me.

Assorted scars on my hands and arms from general hard labor (woodcutting, brush clearing, hole/trench digging, construction/carpentry work, plumbing, etc (got a big burn scar on my left arm from when I touched the wrong line trying to fix a hot water tank XD )

And I think that's most of my visible scars.

Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

The Injuries Thread Empty Re: The Injuries Thread

Post  cyclonecasey Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:08 pm

The Injuries Thread Park_bench_01_by_insyncinsanity-d4kh39g

Got this at the end of last year... Still not completely gone!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Daaamn, what happened?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Ran into a park bench... My friend said it sounded like someone was being murdered! Happy
AND IT LOOKS LIKE JESUS!!!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 pm

yeah
That was kinda my fault. She had something of mine and I was chasing her ... then bang she's hurt and sounding like she got shot

Well for my list of injuries I've got
The time when my brother was chasing me with a water bottle, I jumped on my bike, got about 2 metres then fell over, then the bike fell on me. I had a half moon cut on my thumb, had to get two needles only for it to turn out to be just some ripped skin. AND I HATE NEEDLES

In grade 6 I had a glass plate smashed over my forehead by accident ... still got the scar. a good couple of stitches

In year 7 the Library was closed at lunch time, so me and all the kids that hung out there were outside. One of my friends was being playfully chased around by one of his friends but I didn't know. so I ran up and pushed his friend, twice. Second time he caught me and threw me to the ground, Which I don't remember him doing. I was knocked out, couldn't see anything but white when I woke up and felt like my face was on fire. And the damage was only to my face. I got a week off school and my face was covered in scabs

In year 9 I was hopping around randomly behind the gym, waiting for my teacher to hand out equipment. When a piece of metal hanging off the gym door got caught in my leg. I almost fainted from sitting up and went home

When I was in Bali, on the Monday I broke my finger at a water park going down a water slide. It hurt but we didn't know it was broken. We got home on Wednesday and lets see, spiral fracture, operation leaving a scar that looks like I was bitten, two metal pins in my finger and I was in a cast for six months. In year 11, so I couldn't write or draw or play games for half a year
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm

i have only three main things one when i was five i ran head first into a glass cabnit shattering it and got a scar on my eyebrow not many see it

when i was seven i ran stright into a pole and split my lip open then jumped into the car we were leaveing at the time and y mother looked back and ask wayne my brother to see why i had red stuff all over my face and his reply was mum his left lip is not atached to his right is that post to be like that. yes those were the accual words he said

the thrid is my dislocated toe sholder leg hand wrist foot and a hole lot of other bones but i still heve never broken one... but still the most painful one is hitting the funney bone (which aint funney as i learned) with a chain on a old crain the was attached to a hock that took 5 people to lift so it hurt like a bitch
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 pm

I don't have a picture of it but I have an 'F' shaped scare on my... left hands MIDDLE finger?
Get it? Middle finger? 'F'?
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  killer8529 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:35 pm

lol
killer8529
killer8529
Checkmate
Checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes, I get it (would love to actually see something like that XD)
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSage Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:00 am

i accidentally bit off a peanut m&m-sized chunk of my tongue off by kneeing myself in the chin. however, the chunk was still "attached" to the rest of my tongue by a little string of tongue. it eventually healed, but the chunk went into the dent/hole in my tongue upside down and now that part of my tongue feels slightly different than the rest of it.

that's about the worst that has happened to me.
MrSage
MrSage
Rocketman
Rocketman

http://mr-sage.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:58 am

I broke my collar bone...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

Ouch, I've never broken any bones thankfully.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMagicMechanic Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Yesterday I crashed my bike. I got a cut on the skin near my funny bone and I have cuts almost everywhere, I sounded like I got stabbed 3 times. O_o
TheMagicMechanic
TheMagicMechanic
Integrating
Integrating

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 pm

You guys must be pretty vocal lol. When I get hurt, I just say, "sh*t," and get up and walk away XD

Even for the more severe things. When I was ten , I rode my bike full speed down a really, really big hill. Right about the time I got to full speed, I hit some gravel and flipped. Ruined the whole side of my chest (wasn't wearing a shirt) an skinned my arm pretty good. I got up and walked home, leaving the bike, which had a popped tire.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:11 am

You sound like my dad
One time he was having a smoke, at the open door of a moving train when someone came up and asked him for a light. He said no so they swung at him. he dodged, and fell out of a moving train. So he got up, walked to the train station, called the ship he was working on, told them what happened and went to the hospital ... beat up like sh*t
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 am

One of my friends was chasing me then I whacked my chin into a Pole and shouted:"ARE YOU OUTTA YOU GODD*MN MIND?!?!?!"
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMagicMechanic Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:35 am

When I was 9 I did a sharp turn on my bike and got a bruise the size of a tomato on my thigh. I saw it and just realised I got catapulted onto the bottom of a hill.
TheMagicMechanic
TheMagicMechanic
Integrating
Integrating

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenGlassNotes Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 am

Um.... let's see.
Broke my wrist running on wet grass in 6th grade (never convince my friends to tell on themselves to a teacher).
4 scars (1 on my elbow, 2 on my back, and one on my hip) from riding a scooter. I didn't stop and the front wheel went inward and flung me off. I crashed into the pavement and limped home on a sprained ankle. Freaked my parents and little sisters out.
Dropped a glass on my leg and it broke, have an inch long scar on my thigh.
Long scar on the bottom of my right foot from stepping on a broken plate when I was little (my bro doesn't think I actually did).
and a few scars across my fingers from getting them slashed with sissors in 2nd grade. My fear of sharp objects has been confirmed.
GreenGlassNotes
GreenGlassNotes
Unknown
Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 pm

I have a crescent shaped scare on my neck from falling off my bike and the handle jabbing my neck...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Mon May 07, 2012 4:18 am

Look like Jesus?
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleMatryoshkaDoll Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 pm

I have a small scar on [from my position right now] right knee. It's been there for at least 3-4 years.
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
Rapidfire
Rapidfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 am

LOL!I got a really sharp turn on my bike and had a whiplash against a pole and my bike seat fell on my chest
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat May 12, 2012 4:59 am

I failed a backflip on a dirtbike yesterday, got a nasty bruise on my neck and another right south of my groin on my left thigh from the handlebars.
Also broke a toe a week ago, and a few minutes ago I accidentally stabbed my right thumb with a knife submerged in soapy dishwater.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm

ouch...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person