Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread

+23
Girbot
BlazingHeart
The Skooglie
SoNanoka?
Tsuki
SirSuiji
Ragingblast12
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
Kuru-kuru
Mr.Ace
Mokou
Kero-chan
Derpy
TheMadOne
LadyAtsuko
cyclonecasey
Legotransform
MrSage
Agrapeinthesun
LordTomyh
killer8529
ivorymaid
Drag
27 posters

:: Misc :: General

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread

Post  Chavvy Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:08 am

It was a breeze. He was a-boat to book another session.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread

Post  Conor Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:54 am

Didn't manage to go sadly, but I got to row a boat and that was pretty cool. I did about 3 miles before we had to come back.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:16 am

Hopefully you'll get another chance... Oar not XD
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Still fun, least you were out on the water.

Also, apologies if I'm slow in posting on the RPs, I really want to be involved in all of them but this whole school thing is kicking my ass right now, so I apologize for the delay in my posting.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Girbot Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:17 pm

When I'm not logged in, it says the last post on this thread was June 15.

When I am logged, it says the last post on this thread was June 16.

spooky sh*t goin on here
Girbot
Girbot
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Maybe your account time, and the websites default time are different. If I remember right, there's about 9 hours difference for me.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Girbot Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:31 am

nah, this place is definitely haunted
Girbot
Girbot
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:10 am

My house is haunted. Deadly serious. I'm a skeptic, but every friend I've had round has heard voices and felt weird feelings in certain rooms. My girlfriend and another friend of mine are both into the supernatural (girlfriend's a clairvoyant, other friend is just spooky and sees things), and they've both been to my house and instantly felt unwelcome. Whether you believe it or not, my house is spooky on it's own. Like most of the houses in central Sheffield, it's part of a row of terraced houses that are built on hills. To get as much space out of the buildings, they'e built tall and deep, so i have a cellar, and an attic, which is my room. The house was built in the 1930's, so its damn old and very creaky and spoopy, but sometimes it gets a little too real. I'll tell you one of the many stories.

So to get into my room, you open a door which leads directly into a thin, super-steep stairwell. It takes a sharp left, which then leads you threw a hatch into my room. That hatch is at the foot of my bed, so if anyone comes up and I'm in bed, I know.
Anyway, the thing that some people describe as the worst feature of terraced housing is the noises, particularly at night. Because the walls aren't very thick, you usually hear lots of noises coming from neighbours or a loud TV on the other side of the wall or something. It creepy if you're not used to it at first, especially at night, but eventually you know it's normal and also how to distinguish if a sound is coming from your house, or the houses next to you.
So one night, I go to bed. I pull the blackout blind on my window down so the rooms completely dark, just the way i like it. I get in bed, settle, start to fall asleep.
Suddenly I hear footsteps coming from what sounds like below the hatch to my room, but before the stairs. It could have been my flatmate, but at the time he was at his girlfriend's for the weekend in Nottingham. But i don't panic, because I'm half asleep and I think logically: I've never been to my next door neighbour's, but I'm willing to bet that they have an attic room similar to mine, with a stairwell on the same side wall as mine. What I think I'm hearing is the footsteps of something coming up their own attic stairs on the other side of the wall.
So the sound of footsteps slowly goes up the steps and dissipates for a bit. Doesn't sound like ti ever got to the top, though. I start to drift off again, when all of a sudden the same footsteps rapidly thud in my room, from the hatch towards the side of my bed. I sh*t you not i hear them clear as day pound their way towards me, like someone was standing at the far side of the room and just hauled ass in my direction. As soon as they got close to me they stopped. I didn't get out of bed, I just rolled over away from that side and tried to sleep, though it shat me up a bit.
Next morning i woke up, and low and behold, I nearly about kill myself walking to the hatch because it's completely open. It's never really PROPERLY shut, but i never leave it open like that to avoid falling and breaking my neck.
Go downstairs, notice instantly that my housemate's speaker system is gone from the kitchen table. I look in bewilderment, grab my keys to go out the back door to have a fag but it doesn't work, because the back door is already open.
I checked the rest of the house and nothing else was stolen or had disappeared, but whatever took that speaker system was obviously thinking about nicking me an'all.

TL;DR: got my house robbed by a f***ing NINJA
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Ghost ninja.

My house as well is haunted, and likewise I haven't seen anything really, just people standing in the shadows out of the corner of my eyes only to not be there when I turn around. I see shadow animals as well, same deal shadows out of the corner of my eye that vanish when I turn around, only these were about mid-shin high (most of the pets I've had had been small dogs and cats).

However other people have had some experiences. My mum has woken up once and seen a man standing in the corner of her room watching her, another time had someone invisible kiss her cheek and had either one of our dogs or one of our cats growling at the corner of her room, the same corner the man was in.

My brother has said that there was a young girl in a right dress living in his cupboard (and it is a small uncomfortable cupboard so it's impossible for someone to live in there without someone noticing) Nothing much has happened with him, but I told my last GF about it and she went to explore. She walked into his room, got really scared and nervous, turned around to me standing in the doorway and piss-bolted out of the room. I think the young girl was standing in the hallway behind me or something or was in the room.

And my house isn't an old one, roughly 20 years, so it doesn't creak or make much noise unless there's a good wind or storm, but there's definitely something here. My pets have stared and barked and growled at nothing, my baby cousins sometimes stare at nothing like they're staring at one of us.

But they're good ghosts. They haven't done anything except maybe freak us out a little and play on my paranoia and watch me sometimes at night.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:25 am

I don't subscribe to that nonsense.

Ninjas, however, are a real and prominent issue. f*** them and their love of loud music.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Girbot Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 am

ive lived next to a cemetery for 13 years and i have never experienced anything slightly paranormal
Girbot
Girbot
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:30 pm

f***, man. School is tearing me up.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:10 am

Tell us about it bro
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Getting sh*t from my speech class, pretty sure the teacher hates me. Did a speech on a union boss who is widely regarded negatively (My speech was highlighting the many positive accomplishments of his life), and I received a bullshit score, lost points on aspects I know for a fact were not an issue (Such as posture, got marked down for "slouching", which I have never done, thanks to my family drilling it into me from a young age to stand up straight.) She's heavily republican, which has been made apparent by her anecdotes and stuff, which means she probably didn't appreciate me talking positively about unions. That's all I can figure, anyway.

Math is a struggle, but I knew it was going to be, so I'm muddling through.

English turned into a b*tch halfway through the semester when we started focusing on poetry and poetry analysis. Because I have a great dislike for poetry, I find it difficult to write the material requested. Not impossible, I'm still managing high 90%'s in all my classes, but it's still a pain. Just don't have any time for anything else.

I'm sure y'all know the feelings all too well.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrMGXwhFLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnGNOiFll4

Here's some 'cool' poetry. perhaps it will help.

As for the other stuff, college/uni is an experience, not just for grades. Enjoy the time there, because you won't get it again. I say this because I hated my uni course, but loved every minute of uni still because 1. free money and 2. the people. Get to know your class mates and tutors, make the effort to mingle to your own comfort, and take the shitty grades as lessons, not punishments. You know your work is good, you're only pissed because some underpayed, glorified school teacher didn't verify that, and there's better ways for you to use your energy than getting ticked off by that bullshit.

To top it all of with a quote:

Success creates joy,
Joy breeds success.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 am

I don't think anyone could have said that better.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:16 am

I had that realization about halfway through the semester and started taking it a lot easier. I did my best and didn't dwell on the negatives.

Also, that second link is pretty sweet.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 am

GOT A NEW SKATEBOARD!
Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread - Page 30 P0UIRzs
(Had it for a few days, actually.)

Trying to get back into it since I dropped off after my last board was stolen years ago. I want to be healthier and skating is awesome exercise.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:08 am

Skate mafia are still going? The last bought I bought was a blueprint...

Official ExtremeRPG Chat Thread - Page 30 Blueprint-deck-blueprint-spray-heart-skateboard-deck-green_16191
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:19 am

I wanted to get a Revive deck, but those are a bit pricey to order. I picked this up at a skate shop upon the counter-guy's recommendation since I don't really have a preference yet.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Tbf, you have so many more to choose from over there, I wouldn't know where to start. And for me, it took at least 4 years to find a preference, and I've had a fair amount of different boards, had flip, southstar (those weren't bad and we're pretty cheap, but they went under), almost, chocolate, black market, and a couple of others in between.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:31 am

Definitely. Skating is way bigger here than in a lot of countries for whatever reason. I've only ever had cheapie Kryptonics boards (Basically walmart boards without being walmart boards.) This is the first decent setup I've had and god damn am I loving it.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:02 am

Yeah, its deffo a massive step up going onto "real" boards. I remember first stepping onto my first real board, which was a southstar and instantly I could feel a difference, up until then, mine were all cheapy >£40 boards. Though I will admit, I did get carried away with it from that point on, think I averaged around £500 a year on board stuff, and considering I didnt have much money to begin with, it felt like alot of money at the time. Now you just gotta find your perfect setup. Mine worked around blueprint boards 7.6 inch wide, tensor trucks (4.25's?), ricta 53mm wheels (though they wore down to around 48mm by the time I stopped) and enuff "black" bearings. had some ultra thin enuff risers too that helped against pressure cracks from the bolt holes, if you can find some, I would deffo recommend getting some, as they really do help your board last longer!
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:13 am

Right now I've got the 8" sk8mafia deck, 53mm wheels, spitfire "cheapie" bearings, and the trucks, we don't know what the trucks are. They were on sale for 30 bucks instead of 45 because they didn't know the brand so I cheaped out on those. I believe they're 4.5" but haven't measured yet. I'll check out risers next time I've got some spare cash, but for the time being, this setup is fantastic.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Tbf, I can't fault spitfires a cheapo bearing, on par with speed demons, which I have always found to be quite loose compared to ones of a similar price. Mine weren't particularly expensive, think they worked out around £20 (though it was discounted at that). I rate the spitfire wheels though, I used them before swapping onto rictas, nice and soft, though wear quickly. Tbf, on the truck front, I have no idea what that brand is like, though I've not really tried many sorts anyway, stuck with tensor and venture mainly, I tried some enuff but wasn't struck on them. It all depends if you grind alot to what you go with, and the weight.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

:: Misc :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum