Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross's Shiznibs

+5
TheMadOne
ivorymaid
Drag
MrSage
Damxge
9 posters

:: Misc :: Art

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 Empty Re: Cross's Shiznibs

Post  Damxge Thu May 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Drew my character Shiku out of curiosity. Turns out, I'm still terrible at drawing.

Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 D85QNEn

Also. Hands and feets are hard...It's pretty evident what's wrong with the drawing, could anyone give me some tips on getting better?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Thu May 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Think your main issue is proportions, but its a case of trial and error depending on your style, especially when doing poses such as this. From what I can see, the abdomen is a little long, and that leading foot could do with being a bit bigger with it being closer. But in all, its not actually that bad. What I'd recommend is looking at stock images in similar poses and try and translate them to your character as reference material. Then try a few other poses, you'll soon get your proportions Mooblips
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 pm

like Chavvy said, reference material is a god send. if it helps to use a real life pose to help with proportions, do it.
But for hands, take a look at this. It seperates them into shapes and makes it easier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CmrMRXoA8Q
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 17, 2016 5:46 am

Thanks for the advice fellas!
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Currently working on this son of a b*tch.
https://i.imgur.com/YD7JCFH.png

I'm really happy with the way the black accents the orange, as well as the pattern I have on the orange, my issue now is that the focal pattern that I wanted to use on it doesn't quite fit it.
I had this drawn up to go on it:
Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 FhUhwpV
(Accidentally chopped a petal off and my computer crashed, so the only save I have of it is with the f***ed up petal)

But while it looks okay, it's covered by the hand during play, and the only way to see it is when you inspect the gun, and even then it's not the most visible. It's also made almost specifically to be placed on the grip and looks awkward when I put it somewhere else (such as on the slide).
Here's what it looks like with the flower.
https://i.imgur.com/s7n0jBp.png

So I need some of y'all's suggestions on where to go from here. I feel the skin is too empty with the simple orange/black, even after I add wear to it. I want something to fill the space, I just don't know what. Should I continue with the flower theme? I originally started working on the skin (many hours ago) with the inspiration of the "red flower" the animals spoke of in the new Jungle Book movie (Which was pretty good if you haven't seen it.)
But to be fair, I've lost my inspiration on it and I'm not sure where to go from here. Even though the skin is technically "complete" and I could submit it if I really wanted, I only want to submit skins that I'm truly happy with and am comfortable backing 100%.

Opinions, crit, suggestions?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:11 pm

I don't know what programme that is or anything, but that looks dank. But, I'd say start over with the flower, not because it isn't good (it looks great on the gun) but because you're bound to do a better design the second time round. Use references (basing it off some kind of tropical flower would go great) and see what happens, maybe add something to the middle of the flower too. But regardless, ducking awesome design. You'll benefit more from reputation though.

I would like to see a sniper rifle fit for me next. It needs a nice design that is both sophisticated and screams "I'll rape your mother and make your father watch", yknow?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:53 am

The program there is Blender, it's a 3d modeling freeware. I use it to preview the skins I work on for the game Counter Strike so I don't have to go through the trouble of loading them into the game every time I make a change.

I intend on continuing the flower theme, and I agree, a tropical flower would be awesome.

A friend on steam suggested an orange theme, and since it was easier to draw an orange than a flower, I whipped this up:
Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 VCJ38Yp
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:53 pm

You do 3d modelling? *dies*
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Nooo, I know the basics but I'm not very good.

The gun is a model from the game Counter Strike: Global Offensive. They feature community made skins in the game and encourage their userbase to make them. With skinning, you're working on the skin rather than the model itself. I can do some modeling, but like I said, I'm not very good.

This is the actual image that I work on:
https://i.imgur.com/4p8uZmIr.png
The view of the gun itself is basically a preview of how it'll look in game, I do very little editing in the software (Blender).
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:08 pm

ohhhhh, ok
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:49 am

Designed a logo and made it into a phone background for my brother.

Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 IZLB0tT
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:25 am

I'm trying to learn to make stickers. sh*t's not turning out how I'd like it to.
Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 K7AuaPQ

Using plain shipping labels and then a contact paper over that to seal them, but they come out looking like paper.
Does anyone know other methods to get a nice sticker look? Is it my printer or the paper? (Using an inkjet printer).

Kind of important since I'm printing them for a group to use and am getting paid for it. I don't really feel comfortable turning over something like this, even though it's what they requested.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:13 am

Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 DEONMlx
Cross's Shiznibs - Page 3 QEn0kMn
Damxge
Damxge
Rook