Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy/Thriller Roleplay?

2 posters

Go down

Fantasy/Thriller Roleplay? Empty Fantasy/Thriller Roleplay?

Post  ValleyGirlBlondie Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Okay so the main thing I really need help with is some depth since I can't get past the surface of this idea.
But the idea I had was an RP based around mysterious deaths/disappearances of a resident (or residents?) of a town (not sure WHICH town yet) who were known in one way or another to be supernatural beings, and the investigation and/or affect on the lives of other supernatural beings in the town.

Something along those lines anyways? That's all that really comes to mind for me right now.
ValleyGirlBlondie
ValleyGirlBlondie
Known
Known

Back to top Go down

Fantasy/Thriller Roleplay? Empty Re: Fantasy/Thriller Roleplay?

Post  Damxge Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:24 am

So something similar to Hidden World, just on a smaller scale?

This would have to be pretty well structured to be a good RP and story, otherwise it'll turn out how HW did, an investigative RP turned action. Meaning you would have to have a good idea of where you want the story to go, instruct the players clearly, and advance it yourself based on the input of other players. This is why none of our investigative RPs have ever really taken off. Either players get carried away with their powers (I can say that's what I did in the first Hidden World, but I was the bad guy, soooo...) or the RP's creator doesn't keep a secure hold on the game.

I'd be happy to develop it with you if you'd like, just know an investigative game is gonna be difficult to write and keep people engaged.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  ValleyGirlBlondie Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am

Not so much Hidden World, I'm thinking it's more or less Twin Peaks but with supernatural beings

It doesn't necessarily have to be strictly investigative because you're right about the fact most don't take off
I just figured as long as there were one or two characters focused on investigating the rest could be more focused on action and/or reaction
Because obviously at some point this would have to be some sort of action

Thinking upon it a bit more it'd just be easier if there was specifically an investigator or pair of investigators, since the whole premise is that nobody is quite sure of who/what or why, only that it is happening.
ValleyGirlBlondie
ValleyGirlBlondie
Known
Known

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum