Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair:short or long

+9
SirSuiji
Ragingblast12
MrSage
LordTomyh
killer8529
LittleMatryoshkaDoll
cyclonecasey
Damxge
Legotransform
13 posters

:: Misc :: General

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Hair:short or long - Page 5 Empty Re: Hair:short or long

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 1:57 pm

A hair colour is not a lifestyle, I don't think judging someone for the colour of their hair is any better than judging someone for the colour of their skin (dangerous topic, I know, but still)
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 2:01 pm

But it is something that they can change, unlike skin color. Does your hair reflect your lifestyle? Sometimes, and thanks to the stereotype, people assume it does. And that's a negative thing because the stereotype is along the lines of: person with parental/authority figures, daddy/mommy issues, mental instability, immaturity, and others.

But it's not about what should be. People will be insensitive and stupid no matter what the issue, and it's not just against "minority" opinions/actions. People get offended by normal stuff too. Like me being white AND GOD FORBID, a security guard.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Can change doesn't mean should. Obviously colouring your hair is a choice but what about being judged by you're natural hair colour? Like, I've been called a dumb blonde throughout my life and I wouldn't be surprised if girls have been denied jobs because of that stereotype.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 pm

It's the same as anything. Either figure out a way to change it, or present yourself in a manner that counteracts that stereotype. While I don't take kindly to stereotyping, I also respect a company's right to hire the people they want to hire. If a certain aspect of a person is not looked upon favorably, they don't HAVE to hire them. It's a right maintained by any company, and if you force companies to hire people they don't want, you run into issues with freedom of selection and hiring.

For instance, I was refused for a job with a certain construction company because I didn't look like a construction worker (being skinnier than most despite my physical abilities). Am I bitter? Sure. Should the company be forced to hire me? No.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 2:15 pm

WTF? Are you serious? I can't even articulate my thought's that's how mad that makes me!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 pm

The company has an image to uphold. If they want all burly, murderer looking guys on their crews, that's their choice. I didn't fall into what they were looking for so I can't really blame them. But I was angry about it, and still am when I think about it. I just went to the next company on the list and got a job with them because they didn't care.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 2:22 pm

I just can't even. Seriously. As an aspiring model, I'm painfully aware of how that feels ;_;
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Back on the topic of hair. Do you guys find long hair to be worth the trouble? Like, why do you keep long hair? Is it laziness (as in my case most of the time), not wanting to get a haircut. Or are you going for a specific look?
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 4:45 pm

I keep my hair long because I think it's beautiful. It's a nuisance to take care of! It takes 15 minutes minimum to wash it, I becomes a mess if I don't keep it in plaits (which is hard for me because I'm really OCD about it). If I want to dye it it takes several boxes of dye.
It would be SO much easier to just cut it all off, especially considering my horrible outgrown fringe, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Makes sense. My question was more pointed toward Chav and Con though, since they haven't always had long hair (or positive views on long hair. Looking at you Chavster.)
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Don't forget Tomyh
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Tue May 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Wasn't sure if he was still sprouting the long hair.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Long-ish. His folks keep making him cut it xD
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 7:28 pm

I grew my hair out of laziness, and i've kept growing it since. i used to have long hair when i was younger, but if you were a guy had long hair where I grew up you'd get heckled and picked on a lot, and sometimes fights, but that was never a problem.

On the modelling thing Casey, you can find modelling work no matter how you look, especially with the uprising of plus-sized models and a more tolerant market. I've done modelling work since I grew my hair, mostly for small lifestyle clothing brands (that closeup shot of me was from a shoot). Good money for just standing on a rock and looking into the distance wearing a nice jacket.
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 pm

For the most part this is true, but in the situation that I'm in, it's really hard to pursue. I'm on a lot of modelling groups on facebook and, even in Australia where the average size for an adult female is 14, all they want is tall models who wear a size 8-12.
It's really disheartening.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Yeah. I mean, I'm in good shape, so i can't really relate. But I can understand why that can be annoying. Maybe look for applications elsewhere rather than FB?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Bitch, I gotta good shape. ROUND is a shape xD
In all seriousness though, most of the time I'm pretty happy with my body (especially in a corset), my male friends certainly have no complaints, but when so many people demand models to be able to fit in a size 8, and a big cup size alone can class you as plus sized, it's just frustrating.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Conor Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Are you saying you're happy with the way you look because you give your guy friends boners?
Conor
Conor
Infected
Infected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Tue May 10, 2016 9:09 pm

I decided to grow my hair as I was tired of looking "dangerous" and a "thug" (genuine comments from customers :/) so I grew it out a bit, and thought f*** it, I've not had hair in years, I'll grow it a bit more, and so on. I'm thinking just a few more inches and I'll leave it, I think much more than that, and it'll just get in the way.

As regards to the discrimination thing, I can totally understand that companies want to keep an image of clean cut clones, its just how the world is, though it is improving slightly over here with the attitudes towards tattoos, though the public sector is still a bit funny about them. Yeah, its not right, but its just how the world is, so we just suck it up and deal with it. With looking for a new job atm, I'm not gonna dye my hair like I wanted to, not until I know Id be fine to with whoever I work for.

Tbf, for corset modelling, I would have thought a more curvy woman would have been a better choice, given that its a waist reduction thing... and the badass corset cleavage!

Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Conor wrote:Are you saying you're happy with the way you look because you give your guy friends boners?

Hey, as long as I don't have to touch it. Boners are big compliments!

And Chavvy, omg, it is my dream to be a corset model! Unfortunately to do corset shoots I have to have decent corset decent clothes or lingerie to go with it. Lots of money. Plus finding a trustworthy photographer to take the photos. Oh jeez.
Most of the stuff I look at have nothing to do with corsets, and if they are (again) I'd have to supply the clothes.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Ignoring the comments about corsets and boobs and boners, as fun a topic as that is, what do you model for if not for clothing? Like, I assumed that most modelling agencies were looking for models to model their clothes/jewelry/etc.

Is it for stock images or something of that nature? I apologize that I'm not very well versed when it comes to the subject. I haven't exactly looked into it Huh
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed May 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Well, for one, I'm not agency represented. Two, there are so many themes a model can do and unless they're a professionally model who get's paid (Sometimes even then) they have to supply their own clothes.
Example:
Spoiler:
Some people supply the clothes but that's where the size limits come in.

cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavvy Wed May 11, 2016 5:46 pm

@Cap'n Mike - I suppose anything can be models as long as it requires that it be worn, or requires human interaction to operate. Models can be for anything, but usually the aim is to be involved in promotional material, such as magazines, catalogues or a well known photographers portfolio or something.
Chavvy
Chavvy
Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

I understand that, my questions was specifically what you model for? Like I mentioned, I'm not familiar with the genres of modeling and fashion modeling was really the only one that sprung to mind when I thought of models.

This more a direct question about what you, inSYNC, do as a model and less about modeling overall.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed May 11, 2016 6:13 pm

I don't do a lot of anything, there's not a lot of demand for girls like me :/
I want to model to create art, do themed shoots. Something I've been wanting to do for a while is a fairytale inspired shoot, in like a forest or something. Or maybe a masquerade theme.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5