Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World In Flames

5 posters

Go down

A World In Flames Empty A World In Flames

Post  Damxge Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 am

Spoiler:
Story:
Long ago, in an unnamed land, pilgrims traveled across the brutal and unforgiving land; searching for the perfect life. It is in this mythical land, Aliad, that the story takes place; brave individuals mastering the skills of their trade, Wind Seer, Water Seer, Fire Adept and Earth Adept. They must fight against the rising tide of evil in the new land and fight to claim it for their own. Choose your class and create your legacy.

"There are people in this new land Goyle," boomed a deep, gravelly voice, splitting the darkness of the cavernous room. A man, proud and tall, dressed in the purple robes of royalty stood at the center of the room, the only lighted spot. The dark shadows of pillars loomed in the darkness, leading upward into the abyss. A seal, etched into the floor and inlaid with gold shone brightly under the man, lighting him from below, shadowing his large nose and pointed chin. His bald head was shiny and reflective; obviously waxed by his servants that morning.
"M-Master," he whispered, bowing his head and stooping slightly.
"Did I tell you to speak?" the voice bellowed.
"No, master," he said, speaking louder; his voice shaky.
"There are people in this new land, Goyle!" he said loudly again, speaking over the man, "Who threaten me, and all that I have worked for!" A figure stepped from the shadows behind the man, coming into existence, just barely visible. He was tall, at least seven feet, and clothed in black armor that glistened and shone in the golden light.
"These people, practice my craft, the craft we discovered when we came to this land," he said loudly, stepping slowly around the frightened man, but staying in the shadows, "They must be removed," he said, lifting a clawed hand before his eyes and balling the gauntlet into a ball.
"How will I know these peo-" the robed man begane, but the armored figure spun on him, stepping into the light to stare down on the lesser being, he towered above him, his chest inches away from the man's.
"I do not care how you identify them, I only care, that you obliterate them; and if you fail," he said, chuckling, "I will do to you, a thousand times what I would have you do to them," he turned, his armor hissing gently as he moved, "You'll know them by what they can do," and he was gone.

Alright guys! This is it! I probably won't be playing as my character much, but I'll be throwing all kinds of sh*t in you guys' way as the antagonist. You guys can try to meet up, or stay solo, I'll also help you 'discover' new powers as random characters.
So have fun, start out in the city you've chosen and have fun.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

A World In Flames Empty Re: A World In Flames

Post  LordTomyh Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:59 pm

By the spirits and all the gods above, how do I end up in situations like this?.
I was hanging, inches from the sluggish surface of the magma, barely holding onto the slivers of rocky walls around me. I was in some of the tunnels under the city, hunting for the upper class diamonds they hide down here. I had heard rumors of people coming down here and finding huge caves, full of diamonds, even showing off some of their finds to the children and whoever would stand still on enough. I had held one of the diamonds the other day, and knew the man was faking, all his precious gems and jewels nothing but master crafted glass made to pass for a diamond.
But still I had come, and found a hidden cave, empty except for a golden podium, atop it a diamond the size of a apple. Now any greedy thief would rush in and fall for the booby traps and natural flaws of the cave, but not me. A quick look around the cave told me allot of thins. One, the floor was extremely frail and brittle and could break under the weight of a grown man, or a starved man carrying back a diamond. and Two, concealed in the walls were two rock hatches, no doubt leading to a pressure trap under the diamond. What lay behind them I did not want to find out.
I almost laughed, this was too easy for me. Within five minutes I was standing on the podium, looking at my handiwork in negating the caves defenses, and swiping the diamond.
That's where it went wrong. Turns out, the concealed hatches were decoys and the pressure switch led to several large rocks which, when triggered. Fell to the floor and smashed through it, taking me and the podium down towards a pool of magma.
I swore and pocketed the diamond, not going to lose it after all this trouble. Luckily for me, the walls of the cave narrowed down, till their formed a gap just over the lava, large enough for a man to reach out and touch. I whipped my arms out to the side and prepared for the pain. When my hands hit the walls it felt like my entire skin had been torn off. I stiffed a scream and ignored the pain, instead focusing on forming the rocks in the wall into a pair of thick clawed gloves, leaving gouges in the wall as I fell. I braced my feet against the walls and locked my legs, using all my strength to slow my fall. The magma rushed up, growing closer and closer too quick.
"SHIIIIIIIIT!" I closed my eyes, not sure what to expect. Will it be burning and slow, like starvation? Or will it be quick and painless? I Didn't know what to expect. My life flashed before my eyes, not a particularly long one, or a good one. There was nothing in my life that wasn't touched by some evil, disaster or misfortune.
Shouldn't I have hit the lava yet? i opened my eyes, and saw I was inches from the magma. I look up and see I'm wedged in to the gap by my tall frame, my hands and feet buried in the walls.
I breath and sigh of releif and shift my weight, trying to dislodge my hand to start climbing. When the diamond falls out of my pocket and lands in the magma was with a sluggish gloop.
I stare at the spot it had dissapeard, horrified and frozen. I'm unable to move, unable to breath, unable to think. The possibility of that happen, the fact that it did happen. It seemed like the spirits and Fate were laughing at me.
"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

http://dragonhuntertomyh.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kero-chan Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 pm

As I walked down the streets of Boulder City I wondered why I even bothered coming here. I should have gone into the deep forest and died. Oh well at least I scare a lot of people the good thing is nobody steals from me the bad thing is I have no friends or family here and I can't make friends.

Eventually, I got bored and sat down somewhere where I heard rumours of diamonds being buried here. I heard something but ignored it, but I heard it again. Swearing. there is a person under there. I frantically looked for a hole until I four one and saw a boy trying to avoid magma. "Hey!" I said waving my hand before jumping into the hole. I walked closer to the boy. Careful. I stood and stretched out my hand. "Grab on if you want to live!" I say to the boy before noticing the diamond bobbing in magma. "If you want the diamond I can get one for you just grab on to my hand!" I say stretching my hand out further.
Kero-chan
Kero-chan
Accepted
Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 am

[Sorry Kero ... But Diamonds don't float, especially in magma ... The diamond won't melt but it won't float ... And if you jumped down, you'd have hit me in the back, knocked us into the magma and killed us both. The thing tapers into a cone ... If you're an Earth adept, try some Earth-bending to seal up this hole ...]

[Now I sound like an idiot, a control freak and a hypocrite (I don't know how I just feel like it)]
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 am

[I'm sorry Kero, this is an Expert RPG, your posts have to be more well thought and descriptive, if you wouldn't mind, please rewrite your action.
As well, the catacombs of Boulder City are deep below the surface ,you would not have heard anything. Besides that, what Tomyh said.]

A tall man in dark armor walked smoothly down the jagged tunnel, the walls carved roughly from the grey and red stone, the floor only smoothed slightly more. His armor didn't make a sound on the stone, but hissed gently as he walked, as if the air around him was cooler than the friction made by the rubbing pieces of black, reflective metal. A long blood red cape swept along behind him, making his progress seem ever more purposeful.
He slowly stopped turning to the diamond chamber, his pride and joy, the tear jewel, a perfect diamond he used for his powerful 'spells'.
"No!" he screamed, his might of his voice cracking the rock around him and causing dust to fall from the ceiling. The floor was gone, as was his precious treasure. He stormed to the edge and stared down to find a boy trapped in the cone of the lava slide, holding his urges to throw a rock onto the boy, he drew a string from his pocket and tossed it down, the end barely reaching the boy.
"If you wish to survive, boy," the man yelled down, "take the line," he jerked the string, its length increasing a bit, as if by magic. The young man looked skeptically at the string, his arms quivering with the effort of staying in position.
"Trust me boy, there is no other way," the man yelled, his dark helm muffling his voice, but still it seemed to come from every direction.
With a heave, the boy flipped around, grabbing onto the string and falling for the lava. The armored man yanked up, hard, sending the boy flying up toward him. Reaching out with a clawed gauntlet, he grabbed the boy around the neck, just as he came even with him. He drew him in close to his face, the boy's feet dangling a foot from the floor, his mouth was open and he made choking noises as he tried to breathe.
"Get out," the man hissed, venom deep in his voice, the words echoing through the cavern, though they were whispered. Spinning, the dark knight tossed the young man away, sending his sliding over the rough floor.
"If I ever catch you here again, I will not be so merciful," he bellowed after the boy, who was already on his feet and speeding away.

Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm

"You must be careful, Domina. You must stay close, Domina" I muttered kicking at a stone as I walked "How's this for close, Mother?" I asked to thin air as I approached Boulder City.
Everyday I ventured a little bit further away from home, and when I think of the pride and accomplishment I felt the first time I went beyond Contrel-
Well... Looking back, it made me laugh.
I walked further and further along until a cave cam into sight.
Right, I think to myself, walking a little bit faster, I'll stop in front of that cave, rest for a little while, and then head back.
I knew that there was lava deep down in those caves, and I had to fight the urge to go exploring. Lava and fire had always fascinated me, despite the fact that it was a natural weakness for me, and I really really wanted to go down there one day, find a nice spot and drip water slowly down, give myself a steam.
My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when something crashed into me, cursing as it did.
I landed in the dirt with an oomph and looked over to see a boy, about my age, and identical look of shock on his lightly bearded face, surprise in his green eyes.
"Hello" I said not moving...
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 am

(WTH,MY POST GOT DELETED!IT WAS GOOD!)
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 am

[What post? I never saw it]
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 am

[Never saw a post. I'll go check the log and see about it]
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 am

[Are you positive you posted it? In the past I've written a reply and accidentally didn't post it]
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 am

[^^ What she said. I checked the log and it doesn't show a moderator deleted the post...]
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 am

(Musta been a glitch,I'm positively sure I did)
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:34 pm

"Don't Go Down There Lady!" I said, running off into another tunnel. I had to get away, quickly. That man meant business and business isn't good [xD].
I rounded a corner and found myself right out side the cave where the diamond had been. I had gone in a complete circle. What's more the man was standing there at the cave entrance, back to me. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming and dived back round the corner. I was trapped, lost in my fear and these tunnels, unable to find my way out. I was dead, so freaking dead.
I looked down the tunnel, wondering how far I'd make it running before he heard me. What if he already heard me, what if he was standing over me, right now. I turned around, expecting to see a tall dark figure to be looming over me. Instead there was nothing, just the tunnel entrance and the rocky roof.
Rocky roof. My eyes bulged and I leapt to my feet, starring at the roof. I was buried in earth, sweet cold, slow changing earth. My power and my ticket out of here. I concentrated on the roof, trying to imaging a small tunnel to open up for me. When suddenly the entire wall before me disappeared and the man was standing on the other side, glaring at me.
"So you wish to die?" I screamed, trying to focus me fear into my power. I felt the ground tremble beneath me and the roof split open, revealing a faint glimmer of sunlight. I shot another look at the man as a pillar of rock erupted beneath my feet, rocketing me to the surface. The light grew closer and closer, it felt like a warm golden bath on my skin. Then I saw the size of the hole, and my face dropped.
"Oh Son Of A -!" I erupted through the street, ripping a large chunk of stone as I went. People were knocked over, stalls overturned, horses spooked and reared and dogs began to bark. I was shot high into the air, landing lightly on one of the roofs and looking down. The street was a mess, people were looking between me and the road, yelling curses and insults at me. I laughed and waved at the milling crowd, "Just another day in Boulder City Folks" before leaping over the roof and landing on my feet in a dark, damp alley. My kinda place.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 am

Lifting a hand, the armored man smiled, pressing the smooth metal gauntlet to the pillar in the center of the cave. Slowly, it began to glow, and shrink down into the hole it had created beneath it, turning to magma, the roof above it closing back in, curios eyes peered down at the man a hundred feet below.
"So, I've found one already," he rumbled, chuckling slightly as he walked from the cave, his diamond strapped firmly in the pouch on his waist. He made his way out of the cave, following the dusty footsteps left from the boy when he fled the first time. He emerged onto the rocky countryside, the ground, solid rock. Not a sprig of grass grew, and the blood red clouds cast an ominous light.
He made his way quickly into the main city, brushing past the monks and maniacs in the streets, returning to the massive castle, seemingly carved from the rock, at the head of the city, the entrance into the volcanic zone.
"Keep your hand from my pocket," he bellowed, spinning on a small man, his hand deep in the pouch with the diamond. The man withdrew his hand and turned to run, his legs pumping furiously before he realized he was in mid air, a clawed gauntlet wrapped around the back of his neck.
"What inspired you to try to pick pocket me?" The massive man rumbled, drawing the pickpocket around to face him, "Of all of the people here, why me?" he asked. The man stayed quiet, refusing to answer.
"I take your silence as stupidity," the man yelled, spinning, throwing the smaller man down the street where he hit the cobbled with a sickening crunch. With a final plop, he fell to the street, completely still, his neck at a ninety degree angle. The onlookers fled, dashing into the tall stone buildings on either side of the street.
"Men," the man said loudly, ten tall, hooded men stepping from the shadows, "Find him," he hissed, the image of the boy appearing in all of their minds.
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 pm

[Hey Cross, is this payback for London ... cause as inSYNC has pointed out we're all swapped positions. In London I'm the powerful man, she's the theif and you're the stranger to the thief (at first) ... now You're the powerful man, I'm the thief and she's the stranger]
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Damxge Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

[I'm not playing as him, I'll go ahead and post some as my character when you get somewhere near Contrel, but for now I'm using the protagonist. Though I do see your point xD]
Damxge
Damxge
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Legotransform Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 am

(Well I'm a hunter!)
Legotransform
Legotransform
Everlast
Everlast

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 am

[Right I'm going to try set up a chance for everyone in Boulder City to meet here ...]

20 MINUTES LATER
I was hanging, upside down, from a tree picking apples from a market stall while the merchant was busy talking to his neighbor. The merchant was new in town and all the other merchant's knew I was there, not telling him. Letting him know the rules of the Boulder City Market. Keep your eyes on your merchandise at all times.
"I don't know if you should be doing that Tyan. I saw him drop that crate in the waste ditch when he was setting up" The Merchant to the new guys right was sorting out the blood Cherries and scorpion plums in her stall, eyes on the work. I smile at her and continue taking the apples. "Well this guy needs to learn the rules of the market, and the kids back at the tower wouldn't care if this guy dropped the apples"
"They will care when they get sick" I reach over and take a scorpion plum, dropping the single silver coin I had in her hands. "Come on, when was the last time those kids got sick?"
"Hey you! Theif!" I look up to see the man (upside down) drawing a sword from underneath the counter and swinging at me. I look up at the plum merchant and give her a cheeky smile.
"Gotta run" Before the sword could touch me I retracted the rock rope holding me up, pulling me up into the tree canopy and level with the next level of the market. "Gods I love this market" i said as I jumped onto the road and started casually strolling down the street with my arms full of stolen apples.
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 am

I wander through the streets, reluctant to go home, still reeling from what I'd seen. I wanted to find that boy, whatever had happened, he seemed to be the middle of it.
I looked up at the sun high in the sky and sighed, even if I left right now, I wouldn't reach home till dark... My Mum's gonna pitch a fit!
I look down as something hits my foot, and see an apple "Huh?" I bend over a pick it up, turning it over in my hands. I spot another one as it rolls past my and when I look up, my jaw drops!
Just up ahead, arms overflowing with apples, making his way through the crowd, was the boy!
"Hey" I said, waving as I dashed up to him. Clearly startled, he dropped a few more apples, after he got a better hold of them, he looked at me with wide eyes.
"What? Are you following me?" he asked, getting defensive. I hold out my hands, intent on helping him with his load, but at the last moment he jerked away, loosing even more apples, and goes to walk around me.
"I wanna know what all that fuss was about" I tell him hotly, turning on my heels and blatantly following him.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 am

"Listen Lady, I have no idea who you are, but I'm kinda busy at the moment so if you don't mind" I duck into an side lane and weave through the crowd, hoping I lost her. I was losing apples and had to get back before I lost anymore.
"Who are you?" I looked back to see the girl right behind me, picking up the apples I was dropping. Man she was persistant.
"Listen, not to sound ruse or anything but stop following me, ok. Or else you're going to get in trouble" I turn around and rush down the lane, hoping to lose her. When the crowd parts before me and i see a rock sailing at my head.
"Just like that" I roll backwards, dodging the rock and managing not to lose the apples. Landing on my feet I looked up to see a group of hooded men rushing at me, carrying knives, one ripping another stone from the street ready to throw it at me.
"Son of a -" The leader spun at me, delivering a flying kick to my chest. I barely dodges the attack, striking back with kicks. While I was fighting hm two more came at me with daggers, green liquid dripping from the ends. My eyes went bug eyes as I realized what it was.
"Poison!" I reached out with my mind and forced the road beneath them to rise up in two solid stone fists, catching them both in the face, breaking bones and forcing their noses into the back of their skulls, killing them instantly.
"Watch Out!"
The leader came at me with his dagger again, barely missing me by hairs widths. Some of the apples took the attacks for me, rotting instantly in my hands. I didn't know what type of poison could do that but I knew it wasn't to be messed with.

[SYNC, your turn to join the fight, there's still the big brute with the rock. Or you could hit me by accident, for comical affect]
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 am

Now, this is interesting!
I dash into the fray, pulling my blades from my corset (they were tucked in at the back with the handles out...) and start swinging and slashing at anyone I could reach. I work my way over to the boy as, what seemed to be the leader of the group lunged at him.
Smiling, I stabbed the point into his leg, making it give way. It didn't keep him down long, and now he was coming after me. Crap! I dodge as the swipes at me, catching the end of my skirt in his hand. Double crap! The boy behind me, who'd seemed to be to surprise by me fighting to do anything, now lashed out and punched the guy, just as he was reaching out a sickly green hand for me.
Other than a tear in the dress there was no damage, and we were both alive, but they were still coming after us.
I was starting to get really irritated. So, I rolled my shoulders and focused instead on the sky. Drop by drop, the rain started slowly, and got heaver. I closed my eyes and focused on the individual specks and the created friction, but it wasn't enough. I concentrated as hard as I could, and the friction grew.
I did it once, I can do it again!
Suddenly a bolt of lightning shot down from the clouds and struck one of the larger men dead. There was silent bar for the rain, and what remained of the the men stared at the corpse in horror, then at me.
I was drenched body and soul, my fringe dripping and sticking to my face. I smiled as another bolt struck down, right next to the leader, making him scream, rather girlishly at that. A moment passed, and with a roll of thunder, they ran, slipping over the now slick mud.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 am

"Well, that was certainly one of the most interesting trips to the market I've ever had" I rolled my shoulders, marveling at the rain. Being a city built on a volcanic area we got little rain, and even that wasn't water, being either liquid sulfur or lava. I turned to the girl smiling, cautiously.
"ok then, guess you're alright, and you're involved with me now so the guard will be after you as well, for helping me" She looks at me confused and a bit concerned, no doubt worried about the guards. I shake my head and look at the apples still in my hand. All of them had rotted and were now blackened, shriveled husks.
"Dammit" I threw the husks on the ground and punched a wall, causing the whole street to shake. Once the ground had settles I turned to the girl, shaking my head. "I need to go get more food, and he problem is I don't have any coins, at all. So unless you got some, I have to go steal some, again"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 am

I gazed back up at the sky, letting the water hit my face and run down my neck, I closed my eyes and the rain lessened and then stopped.
I looked back down to the boy with a gentle smile "I'm Domina, by the way" he smiled back at me curiously "I'm Tyan"
My smile grows wider and I almost dance passed him and turning back I add "Let's go steal some food" I keep going, sure he was right behind me. What are you doing? I thought to myself as he caught up, walking beside me. You don't even know this guy and now you're gonna help him steal? I know you're in some rebellion stage but, seriously?
"You're not from around here are you?" he asked, eying my attire, making me huff in laughter. "No... Jirde!" I laugh again as his eyebrows shoot up into his hair in surprise.
"Long way from home, huh?" I shrug uncaring as we continue to walk.
cyclonecasey
cyclonecasey
Insane Person
Insane Person

Back to top Go down

Post  LordTomyh Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 am

HALF AN HOUR LATER

"So, you just walked all the way here from the Jirde? Which is all the way 'cross the mountains and the [UNEXPLORED LAND]? By yourself?" The girl nodded with a smile and bit into her apple. I shook my head and laughed. "You're bold"
We had just spent the last half an hour at the market, stealing more apples. I had thanked her for her help, intending to try sneak away. But I found out she had no place to stay, so offered to let her stay at my place.

"So you live in a ruined tower?" We're near the yellow wall, the dividing boundary between the wealthy district and the east district, known as the 'Blue district'. Leaning against the wall was an old lava brick tower, the top of an old watchtower that dotted the old wall before it was reengineered and rebuilt.
"Yeah, it's not much. But's a roof over my head, it's warm most of the time, cool for the rest. And the best part is, 100% earth" Domina started laughing as I waved my hand and a huge boulder next to the tower moved aside, revealing a hole in the wall held up by old beams of wood.
"Oh I should probably say this now. I don't live alone" she looked at me confused, and nsmiled.
"So what kind of pet do you have?" I snorted and shook my head.
"Not a pet" At that moment a group of kids ran out of the tower, screaming in joy. Seven kids around 6 to 13 years old swarmed around, hanging off my neck and arms, hugging my legs.
"Yeah, welcome to my house"
LordTomyh
LordTomyh
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  cyclonecasey Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm

[I still have no idea what to do here...]
[Cross where's this RP story heading to anyways?]
cyclonecasey